Friday, November 19, 2010

Learning

This really spoke to me today.

This is the first time in my nursing career that I have no idea what I will be doing next. It is a little scary.

I have been learning to trust in God. To trust that He is in control and that He knows what my next job is.

I have been learning that my identity is not in my career or my marriage or my parenting, but my identity is in Christ.

I have been learning that taking a break from work can open up emotions that need to be dealt with. Namely, I have a great fear of getting dementia and dying at a young age like my mom did. I went to the doctor yesterday and he drew a whole bunch of labs and started me on a super B complex vitamin and Lexapro. I feel like I have been losing my memory lately and have been so tired, but not depressed. With all that said, my doctor thinks that it is "readjustment disorder." A normal time someone goes through after losing a loved one. Mine has just taken a year to get to me. It takes from 1-5 years, so the doctor says.

I have been learning...and will keep learning and praying and trusting.

*The Lexapro did not work for me.  So I am going the natural route with amino acids and vitamins.  I think that it is working.  Of course lots of prayer and memorizing scripture and trusting God.

No comments: