Dad went up to D'Hanis and got Grandmother Wells on Wednesday afternoon.
On Thursday morning Mike put the turkey in the smoker and all of the cooking started. We went to church at 10:00 and came home to continue cooking and preparing for the carbohydate festival that was to ensue.
All of the work--cooking, cleaning--it is all fun, then we sit at the table, pray and in 15 minutes it is over. I wanted to say "Everybody sit. Stay."
These are the beautiful flowers that Cindy sent me this year. It made a lovely centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table.
Dad, Brian, Cindy, Mike, Grandmother, Katie and Lisa. Later Javier and his son, Christian, came over. The football games were on, Cindy and I walked 3 miles and Lisa and Katie were playing with the new addition to our home: Snickers.
I really need to get a better picture of this little kitten. She is cute and quiet. At night we put her in the bathroom and she does not meow at all.
The girls absolutely adore her.
On Friday I drove Grandmother back home. No black Friday shopping here. We got our tree down and started decoratating. The weather turned cooler too, which really helps to get one in the Christmas spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment