Sunday, November 14, 2010

Race Day


Cindy and I did the relay and it was so much fun. I enjoyed this so much.
I did the first leg which was 7.7 miles. Mile one had a 6 minute "break" for a passing train. There were some very unhappy runners. I left in coral 3 which are the fast runners. They are seriously into running. That being said, I ran my first mile in 9 minutes 30 seconds. So I had to s-l-o-w down. A good mile run for me is a pace of 10:30.

I ran it in 1 hour 25 minutes without any bathroom breaks. That is really good for me AND...I am not wiped out right now.

Cindy ran 5.4 miles in a little over an hour and did a great job. Brian dropped us off and picked us up without any difficulties.

The shirts we chose to wear for the race are from a group called Team 413 with the bible verse from Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's so great! Glad you and your sister got to do that together! I cannot believe the train fiasco. I'm sure someone got fired over that little mishap