Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer time

This summer I want it to be low key and restful. So I will start with this bible verse:


Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10


Lisa and Mrs. Fincke, her third grade teacher.
Mrs. Fincke was such a blessing to Lisa this year and is a great teacher who loves the Lord. My third grade teacher (Mrs Davis, who still happens to teach at Concordia) was my favorite teacher in elementary. Third grade is a tough year, compared to 1st and 2nd grade. This was Lisa's first year at Concordia and Mrs Fincke just really "got" Lisa and helped her this year.


Katie and Mrs Boriack, her second grade teacher. Mrs. Boriack is also a great teacher and has been a sweet blessing to Katie. One time in church Mrs Boriack was up front in the choir and Katie saw her and told EVERY person around us "That is my teacher, Mrs Boriack." When I told her that story, she said "thanks, Katie" The way she said it was priceless.


Katie got "hurt" at a soccer game and Lisa rushed to her aid.


Daddy and Lisa at our first swim meet. We learned so much about race numbers, heats and lanes. Also to bring chairs and snacks. Also that a swim meet lasts upwards of 4 hours and there is A LOT of down time. Also to bring a book, phones with cool apps and your patience.


Mom and her little swimmer. I just love the swim cap and goggles!


Look at that form. She is working on learning to dive from the dive block.


Great job! So far she competes in the freestyle, backstroke and 2 relays.

I am hoping that we can have a restful summer. I think when June is over we will. We have swim meet practice every day from 3:45 to 4:30. Swim meets are on Mondays from 4:45 until 9pm. My last day of Griefshare is this Thursday and I think I am ready to have our evenings open.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Lisa looks so great at the meet! She does have good form. I hope it's a great swimteam season!