Monday, May 24, 2010

Random Highlights

-Lisa is on the swim team at the JCC. The Stingrays. She is a good little swimmer. She is learning alot, especially the diving into the pool part. The first time they were diving into the pool she told her coach "Coach, I am a swimmer, not a diver." I thought that was hilarious, like the coach was going to say "Oh, OK". But he is working with her, and we are not talking high platform dives here, no, it is basically the platform 12 inches from the water. Her first swim meet will be in 2 weeks.

-Katie played soccer for the YMCA. Her team was "The Crushers". So far they have won 2 games. One more to go for the season. I don't know if she will do it next year. She really wants to play volleyball. The girls look so cute running out there. Now there really are some parents who take this very serious. Their girls have been playing soccer since they could walk. We told Katie to have fun, to do her best and to be a team player. She is not really a runner, so when she would come by us we would say "run like the wind, bulls eye" (from Toy Story).

-In BSF we finished the study of John. It was very good. We all learned so much about the earthly ministry of Jesus, His death and resurrection. Next year is Isaiah. I hear that it will be challenging.

-Lisa is moving up to 4th grade. She is turning 10 this Friday (the last day of school). How exciting. We have some special surprises planned for our baby.
10 years old. I cannot believe how fast time has gone. We really do not have a lot of time to prepare her for the world. To make sure she is equipped. I have been praying so much for God to touch her heart so she wants nothing more than to live for Him, to glorify Him in all she does. This world is a scary place and I will have to leave it at that for right now--trust in God, trust in God, trust in God.

-Katie is moving up to the third grade. She is a natural student. Except for this past week--I think she checked out of school already. Thankfully she has done really well this year so she had some room for an off week. Too bad it was the last week of school:-(

No comments: