It has been so long since I have been on here. Time is just flying by soooooo fast.
The last few weeks have been a whirlwind around here. We went to the coast for a weekend to get away for a little rest and relaxation. It was very windy down there, so we didn't even unload the kayak from the top of the truck. The girls just love to play in the water and in the sand, then go to the pool and "bathe". Yes, down at the coast that is their bath. Not mine, I MUST have a shower.
BSF is coming to a conclusion. Moses has been a part of our lives all year. We are not all that different from the Israelites in our day and age. God has really put up with some stuff from every generation since time began. I thank God for His redeeming, merciful and abundant love that He shows to us everyday. Next year in BSF we are going to study John. I am very excited about that study.
Is anybody doing a Bible study over the summer?
Tomorrow I leave for the STARS retreat. I am very excited and a little nervous. I will be a table leader assistant. I will listen and not offer anybody any kleenex!! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us there.
There has been alot of spiritual warfare going on. Really bad headaches followed by REALLY bad headaches, another plumbing leak, job changes for both Mike and me (I don't get to find out about mine until Monday at 1pm). But I am not going to let that distract me this weekend.
I am leaving it in God's hands where He wants me and trust that He will work all things out.
I am trusting God. I am believing God. I am not going to be anxious about all of the changes.
Lisa and Katie have a baby bird they are feeding and taking care of. Mike found it over at Aunt Cindy's house and surprisingly it has lived. 5 days of feeding it wet cat food, not on a schedule, and "Feathers" seems to be hanging in there.
The other day Katie came in after feeding it and said "I am so annoyed. That bird is annoying me. All it wants to do is eat!" I wonder if I muttered those same words when they were babies-ha ha.
Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days, to hold, cuddle and sing to my babies. Sometimes I want time to slow down so I can really take in my girls, to cherish the time we have right now. To make sure that we are teaching them and parenting them the way God wants us to.
It is so hard to know if the way we are parenting is the right way. It is sometimes so hard to not be a selfish parent, to be patient in teaching and answer the million and one questions about everything (sometimes twice). To listen to the LONG version of a story instead of telling them to shorten it. To not have to have the house picked up ALL of the time. To let them have natural consequences to their decisions (like not doing homework and getting a mark).
We just give it to God and take one day at a time, one moment at time.
No comments:
Post a Comment