We know many people who are waiting on God for direction, for clear answers to questions, for things to happen. We know 2 couples waiting for their adopted babies to enter into their homes; a friend whose mom just entered hospice; a friend whose prayer is for clear direction on private vs public school for their children; another friend who needs clear direction on whether to home school or continue private school education for their 4 children; a friend whose daughter married a Muslim whom they are witnessing to.
Waiting for marriages to mend, children to return to the Lord, healing from sickness, jobs and the list goes on and on.
I have waited in the past for my husband to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. For 12 years I prayed for him. For 7 of those years he was on a prayer list at church. Then I got tired of waiting and decided God's answer was no, even though that was not His answer. Hardest lesson EVER. We were married 10 years and it seemed like God's answer was no. But the issue was not that He was saying no to my prayer for Mike to come to know Him and be saved. The issue was also my heart.
He had to change my heart. He had to humble me. I had some pride and unbelief that had to be removed and dealt with.
He had to change me.
He had to change me.
It was in His timing, using what He knew would change both of us. And it hurt. It pains me to think of it. It also keeps me humble. One lesson I learned (of the many) was that it is much better to humble myself before God humbles me. I NEVER want to repeat what we went through. I would rather die than go through that again.
Waiting on God.
Why is it I forget that He is in control? Do I forget this when I want control?
Why is it I forget that He is omnipotent? Do I forget this when I think He doesn't know me?
Why is it I forget that He not only wants what is best for me, but He knows what is best for me? Do I forget this when I think I know myself better than anybody else--my sinful self?
Waiting on God.
Wait-(verb)-to remain inactive or in a state of repose until something expected happens; to be available or in readiness; to postpone; to look forward to eagerly. (From dictionary.com)
Wait-(Hebrew) Qavah- literally means to bind together like a cord or twisted rope--think woven together; it also means to wait, to hope, to expect, look patiently. (From Hebrew dictionary)
How do we wait for the Lord in obedience and patience?
Why should we wait?
What happens when we take matters into our own hands?
Lamentations 3:24-25 I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him.
Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him...
Something cool I just picked up from Psalm 37 is that verse 4 says to "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" verse 5 says "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this..." We have to delight ourselves in the Lord while we are waiting patiently.
What does that mean?
To be continued....
No comments:
Post a Comment