Random things happening around here:
-Lisa is going to get inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. I cannot tell you how proud of her we are. The thought of NJHS never crossed my mind. Ever. Probably because I was never in it. Also because as of this writing she has a 75 in Literature. Talk about motivation--this has lit a fire in the girl to bring that grade up. She has A's pretty much in everything else, so I know she can bring it up and not be put on academic probation right out of the gate.
-NJHS has also motivated Katie to stay strong in her studies so she can be invited to be in it next year. She has all A's except for one F. In band. Yes, band. She has a 37 in it. How in the world??? She has forgotten her trumpet a couple of times and practicing is not her idea of a good time in the evenings. We have made some subtle changes to her evening plans and are now are all having a good time when she practices :-)
-Mike's last day with Wellmed was this past Tuesday. He is adjusting easily to this lifestyle change. He got up on Wednesday and ran 13.4 miles. Basically a half marathon. Plus he did the laundry and made dinner. If I ran 13.4 miles I would not be able to do anything else that day. I know that because I have ran 2 half marathons and could barely walk that afternoon, much less do laundry and make dinner. What a guy!!
-Besides running half marathons, Mike can also concentrate on school and work home health whenever.
-Katie's basketball team made it to the playoffs. We were quite surprised by that development, but here we are going on to the second round tonight. If they win (at 8 pm--that is very close to my bedtime), they play the championship game tomorrow morning at 9. Two of their strongest players are not playing tonight, so I am thinking we probably will have our morning free.
-We have been going through a strange season lately, one that will require a post all of its own. It has been an extremely painful season but one that God has been so faithful in and comforting beyond words. We have learned so much about the power of a controlling individual. What makes it all the more challenging is when it is a fellow Christian. I am barely coming out of this and am processing emotions and trying to see what God wants me to do, if anything besides prayer at this time.
He is so faithful in his Word; where I am at in writing out the Psalms--timely; so comforting w/ random texts being sent to me with a meaningful scripture; a sermon at church that was just for me---It all feels like God's arms wrapped around me. I cherish this. I don't want to forget. Reminds me of Joshua when he put up 12 stones so the Israelites would remember and tell their children what the stones meant. Joshua 4:24 He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God.
No comments:
Post a Comment