I had the best birthday.
I woke up at my normal 4:30 am to get ready for work and leave at 5:00, but before I could get out the door, my husband dragged himself out of the warmth and comfort of bed and gave me a card. It was so sweet. I got a call from one of my dearest friends who lives in St Louis and we got to catch up before she had to go to work. My co-workers brought me fruit--which was cool since I have been doing this whole 30 eating progam since January 1. I received a text from dad and one from my friend Deb, a call from Cindy and Jenni, had lunch w/ my girlfriends Amy and Lisa, then we had some friends over for dinner who are in the final phases of their adoption process of their little girl from China. It was a wonderful day.
I am so thankful for this past year. God has faithfully heard our prayers and continues to grow us. Sometimes the growth is hard--actually most of the time it is hard. He is in the market to refine me and I want Him to do that.
Some areas of growth for this year include:
To be filled with laughter and joy.
Psalm 126:2 Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.
To work on keeping a lose grip on "things" here on earth.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Also a few things from Psalm 119:33-37
-Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees
-Give me understanding
-Direct me in the path of your commands
-Turn my heart toward your statutes
-Turn my eyes away from worthless things.
41. Bring it on. Gently though...there are some new aches and pains. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment