How do I begin to tell of how blessed I am with this man God has given me. Let me start by telling how this Father's Day has gone down.
We bought Hillsong United tickets about 1 1/2 months ago. They were playing in Cedar Park (by Austin) last night. Last week I came down with strep throat. I thought I was doing good. Even went for a run on Friday night. However, at 3 am on Saturday morning I woke up with a terrible sore throat. Just tried resting Saturday in order to feel good for our date night. We took Lisa and Katie to Cindy's for the afternoon and night and headed out. Mike asked if I wanted to stop at the outlet malls. I was feeling extremely nauseated. So I declined shopping!! We continued on, found Cedar Park. We thought we were going to have a lovely dinner at a nice restaurant, but why waste the money when you think you are going to throw it all up? So we went to Panera Bread and got a frozen strawberry lemonade that I took 2 sips of and decided it was not going to sit well. So Mike got Taco Bell...and I couldn't stand the smell. So he ate it while I went inside a Barnes and Nobles and laid my head down on a table. I was such a fun person to be around. Really, I didn't want to ruin his evening, so I did not complain and was praying continually.
We made it to the concert. It was really good. I got the opportunity to really look at the words they were singing and pray them. They had scripture on the screen that correlated with the songs they were singing.
We left a bit early. Then I got sick. But he was comforting and caring and gave me my space. We listened to the audio Bible on the way home and it was so nice, because it is what kept us company.
We made it home by 11:30 pm and I headed to bed and got 2 hours of sleep. Couldn't swallow. So all of these diagnosis ran through my mind and I just knew for sure I would be seeing Jesus today. By 6:00 a.m. I was dressed and ready for the ER. I woke Mike up at 6:30 and he took me in, stayed with me, comforted me and spoke for me ( I was an exhausted, tearful lady).
He brought me home, got my prescriptions, missed church and was going to forgo the river day we had planned. I wanted him to go have fun with the girls and some other people who are going.
He has done so much for me as he does everyday. He is going back to school to get his BSN and then go to nurse practitioner school. He is still working full time and is a great home health nurse. He loves Jesus and wants to talk about Him to everybody. He has a desire to know more about Him and to keep learning. He loves Lisa and Katie and balances love and discipline. He is by no means perfect, and would be embarrassed that I am writing all of this, but from where we were to where we are today--only by God's infinite grace and mercy and patience. We have a long way to go, but I am so thankful to be on this road of life with him.
Line judging at Lisa's volleyball game
The griller extraordinaire
Daddy and little Katie girl.
Way back in 2001
Teaching Lisa how to ride a bike
4th of July concert at Fort Sam Houston
Teaching Katie how to ride her bike
Playing Simon the zealot, one of Jesus disciples in Concordia's Passion Play.
Here he is with Gary Williams, one of our dearest friends.
My favorite "daddy and the girls" picture
1 comment:
Oh Sandy! So sorry that went so stinky :(
But I too am so happy to know and see where the Lord has taken you and Mike. What an amazing picture of what God can do. I love your precious family. You guys always bring a smile to my face.
Now go get better! Love ya'll!
Post a Comment