Last evening my cousin's husband was killed in a terrible car accident. They live in Fort Worth and she is expecting their second child. In fact, they just went for the first sonogram this past Monday and then he died on Tuesday. They also have a 2 year old daughter.
My heart is just breaking for them. Words cannot express how sad I feel for their family. For some reason when it is a traumatic death, it just seems so...unplanned. I want to say unfair, but really, do we all not deserve death.
One thing I have to remind myself is that our days are numbered.
Sometimes I am so sure of myself that my life plans are going to go just the way I want, but really, there is no promise for that. I think "I have a husband and two little girls who need me, God wouldn't take me to heaven yet. Surely He wants me here to do the job He has for me to do." But.....
It brings me back to this day.
Isaiah 55:8-9 became real to me June 15, 2009. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Cindy, the girls and I will travel up to Forth Worth on Friday for the funeral on Saturday. It reminds me that we are not guaranteed our next breath. It will all be over in an instant--but then real life will begin.
Lord, teach us to number our days aright (Psalm 90:12).
1 comment:
I am sorry to hear this Sandy. My prayers are with your cousin and child. Praying as you and family travel this weekend.
It reminds me also that we surely don't know the plans. (Prvbs 19:21)
Asking the Lord that I too be reminded to take in his fresh breath daily as we never know when he will decide to call any of us home.
With much love and prayers over you...
Post a Comment