Friday, September 3, 2010

September Already

I cannot believe how fast time is going this year. School is now in full swing. BSF starts very soon and I will be a group leader in October after the STARS retreat.

Lisa has started 4th grade with Mrs. Moody. Mrs Moody was also Cindy's 4th grade teacher many, many years ago. It is really neat to think that Cindy and Lisa had the same teacher!

Katie is in the 3rd grade and has Mrs. Fincke. We already love and adore her from last year.

I am still doing hospice. I am going through a tough time right now. I love the philosophy of hospice, I am just not too sure I like to company I am working for. The communication is poor and I find myself stressed out more than I should be. I like most of the nurses I work with and I really respect our medical director. I am very fond of my patients...some of the family members are very selfish. A couple of the families want the family member to die so they can sell their stuff and get money. It just makes my heart sick.

Mike is still with Gentiva. He absolutely loves his job. He is very good at what he does. His patients love him. He gives safe patient care and is so competent at what he does.

Sometimes I think of when we go to heaven and everything will be perfect. No more need for doctors, nurses, police officers, lawyers. What a world that will be.

I have thought about what I want to do in heaven:

*worship God by playing the piano fluently

*worship God by gardening

*worship God by cooking for the banquet

*worship God singing with a beautiful voice

*worship God by dancing like a ballerina

No comments: