Thursday, December 24, 2009

Random Thoughts

1. This is the first Christmas without my mom. Her birthday was December 19. She would have been 61. I think about her alot. I pray to God to tell her that I love her. Will probably go through Griefshare with Cindy at church.

2. The other day the girls and I were shopping for boots for them. We went into Payless shoes and looked, to no avail. While I was searching down the aisle, I glanced over at the girls and Katie was crying. I said "What are you'll doing?", Katie looked up and said "Mom, Lisa kicked me in the nuts." OK. A little explanation of anatomy was given. "Katie, you are a girl, you don't have nuts." Katie "Oh." And she was fine. Makes me wonder what is said on the playground.

3. We watched the Nativity Story last night. It was very, very good.

4. Our family present is the New KJV Audio Bible. It is FANTASTIC!!

5. One of my goals for 2010 is to read the bible in a year.

6. Another goal is to run the half marathon one more time, to do better that 2 hours 44 minutes.

7. This morning Lisa came out of her room and said "I laid in bed for a little while to grow more." Did it work? She said it did. I would like 2 more inches of height-maybe I will try it too.

8. Finished a Karen Kingsbury book "Shades of Blue." It was very good. Just started "Waiting for Morning" by her.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family, Sandy! I too watched The Nativity Story last night. I hope I didn't disappoint God because I fell asleep. :o(
I love you!

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I loved the Random Thoughts! Happy New Year! Miss seeing your family every Thursday.

Susan Davis