Wednesday, February 25, 2009

10 Things

Robyn assigned me the letter "L".

I Love the Letter L.

Here are the rules: If you want to play, leave a comment on this post letting me know and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it on your blog. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain will continue. (I copied and pasted this from Robyn's blog)

Lord: I love the Lord God. "The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simple hearted; when I was in great need, he saved me." Psalm 116:5-6

Laughter: I love to laugh. "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22 I think when you laugh you release endorphins, those natural neurotransmitters that God gave us, that gives you a sense of well-being.

Lisa: My first born girl. Her name means "God is my oath."

Lemon berry slushes from Sonic: I love Sonics ice also.

Lattes: Actually I really like coffee, but since I was assigned the letter L, latte will have to do.

Long weekends: I haven't had one in a long time, I think I really need one.

Lawn work: I love to mow the lawn, edge, use the weed eater (Sp?). I like the instant beauty of a lawn just manicured. When I get a long weekend, Mike and I will be able to work on our new lawn.

LPM blog: http://www.lproof.org/ This is Beth Moore's ministry website.

Learning: I love to learn. I just recently got the Amplified Bible from Mike and love to see the Greek/Hebrew meanings in the translation. I feel like I need to keep my mind open to learn new things everyday, to not get stale, keep my mind active. I pray most days (when I remember) for God to make me smarter than I am, because frankly, I am just not that smart. But it is humbling.

Lifegroups: We have 2 fantastic lifegroups that we have the privilege of being part of. Our marriage lifegoup from Concordia and our friends lifegroup who go to Crossbridge Community Church. It is such a blessing and we are so thankful for these people who love God so much, who have the struggles of this world just as we do. It gives us accountability and prayer warriors.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Sandy (and Mike), Great job! Hopefully you will get some takers and you can assign them a letter as well. It was good seeing you guys tonight! Take care - oh, I found out it is Chicken Breast Sandwiches next week.