Spring is in the air--except for this rainy cold snap that came in, but it has given us the opportunity to use our fireplace again!
Spring break starts today!!! We are in need of a break from the hustle and bustle of our schedules and just enjoy one another for a whole week.
Today we are going to visit a friend in Kenedy who had back surgery yesterday. We are going to take her and her husband chicken soup/bread and brownies.
On Tuesday we are heading to Port A for a couple of days of beach fun. Evie (Lisa's best friend) is going to go with us. This is her first time to go on a vacation without her family and our first time to take somebody who is not related with us. The last time we brought somebody with us it was my mom and she fell and broke her hip. Needless to say, I have been having all kinds of "worse case scenarios" in my mind and have had to pray hard to keep the enemy from attacking and stealing my joy. This decision to take Evie has been prayed over by us and her family. The girls are SO EXCITED.
I had a job offer just kind of pop up. I had my first interview with the CEO of a company called Health By Design. I am going back for my second interview with 2 of the physicians sometime soon. I don't know exactly what I will be doing, but this is the most unique place I have had the opportunity to work. They are a faith-based organization, God first, family second, job third. We ended the interview in prayer seeking Gods will. I looked at my schedule for the ER in April and I am only scheduled for 2 shifts. Hmm. The ER has offered me a FT position when the next facility opens in late summer/early fall. In the meantime......we will see how God's hand is working :-)
Mike is working hard in school and his job. He will finish in less than 2 months, but the road from here to there is kind of a steep. Algebra is almost over, then he has US History and American Literature and a capstone class. I am so proud of him and am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for him and for us in the future. Nurse Practitioner? God knows! Either way, he will have his BSN. I cannot remember what our life was like before he started school--and that was not even a year ago. He will have earned his BSN in less than a year. At this point if he gets into NP school, that is fine, but if he doesn't that if fine also.
Lisa started track. We had our first track meet this past Thursday. It was a looonnnggg day. We got to the SACS field at 1130 and didn't leave on 7pm. Lisa ran the 2400m and the 1600m. The 2400 is 6 laps around the track. It was kind of a re-play of what happened her first cross country meet. She ran fast and didn't pace herself and ran out of juice. She cried and was embarrassed and said she didn't want to run track and hated running and blah, blah, blah. I felt so bad for her, my heart was just breaking. But we are not in this to just win. I listened to her and let her feel it. Then we had to get over it and march on. A windy cold front blew in before her 2nd event (the 1600m which is 4 laps around the track). Poor little thing, having to run in a thin little track outfit. She paced herself and ran all 4 laps and came in 4th out of 6. We are so proud of her. I am reminded that she has her races to run in life and as parents we are standing by encouraging, coaching, teaching, but feeling it too. I want so much to make it smooth and always go her way, but it will not always and that is not the best for her anyway.
Katie's basketball team came in 2nd place for their division this year. The championship game was hard. They lost by only 2 points. Katie is starting to understand basketball. Her position was point guard and she knew what she was supposed to do. It was so fun to watch--especially because I really had no clue what the "plays" were, but to see the players yell out something and everybody run to their spot--is just so cute.
1 comment:
Oh I so enjoyed reading. I am excited to hear where God will take you with your new interview.
What an awesome picture of Lisa running track, this "race" as we do this "race" in life. As you stood encouraging, comforting, coaching, teaching her just think thats sort of how our Father God is with us in this "race" to eternal glory with endurance. (Heb 12:1)
Keep us posted on what lies ahead!
Post a Comment