Today is Mike's 42nd birthday. How will we celebrate? Well, first he will wake up with a sore throat. Then Lisa will wake up with a fever. We will decide to keep Lisa home from school. May have to miss BSF tonight.
I will decide to make Mike's favorite dinner: steak. Except that is not steak in our freezer. Surprise: it will be pork chops. Mike doesn't care, because now he has body aches all over and is happy with leftovers. In fact he loves leftovers. I love that he loves leftovers.
I am so thankful for this man that God has given me. He makes me laugh, makes me cry, is an encourager, is my accountability. He is good at disciplining and loving our children. He loves to make them laugh and be silly with them. But the most important thing is that he knows the reason for his birth--to know and to glorify the One who has given us life.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Mike! Hope you feel better and all stay well!
Happy Birthday Mike! I sure wish you could have seen me today. I'm sure it would have made you feel better.
Thanks you guys for the well wishes. Being sick isn't much fun, except, of course, the calling in part.
Post a Comment