Got this idea from Jen Hatmaker. Her blog is titled "Not a Fan" and it is about things that drive you crazy in this first-world country.
Here is my list:
-Party favors: When I was young and had a birthday party (which I ALWAYS had to share with Cindy...of course she can say she ALWAYS had to share with me because we are 3 years and 1 WEEK apart), we just had the family over, maybe a friend or two (who were usually sisters themselves) bar-b-qued, had cake and called it a party. No gift bags. Who thought of giving gift bags? I mean really, the kids come to a party you are paying for and then you give them a gift for coming? Isn't that bribery? So do you write a thank you note or not? Should they write a thank you note? :-) Now that the girls are older, we get them something they really need or want--maybe an outfit or good running shoes, a fish aquarium...then we go out to eat at a restaurant they pick, like IHOP or some other top- notch, nothing-says "Happy- Birthday- to- you- like a buy one get one free" establishment. Maybe a friend will spend the night--or not. (We are not into sleep overs. Stomach bugs, lice, no sleep, too much junk food....ehhh, not our thing.)
-The smell of play dough: Enough said.
-Smacking when eating. I cannot concentrate on anything else if there is a smacker in my presence. Or a slurper. If I slurp when I drink something hot, I drive myself crazy!!
-Our house is a Sprint cell phone dead zone: Only one tower inside---why? They can communicate with the Mars Rover in outer space, but for some reason we get dropped calls inside our home.
That pretty much sums it up today. Tomorrow there may something else. :-)
What drives you crazy?
No comments:
Post a Comment