Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November Post

This is my second attempt at this post.  I cannot believe that everything I typed before disappeared.  Poof.  Gone.  Instantly.  Have no clue where it is.  Maybe it was raptured!!  :-)  kidding

OK.  Moving on.

I seem to be only posting once a month and I am remembering why--I seem to be computer illiterate.

Life continues to move at lightning speed, as evidence by my lack of writing.  So much has been going on around here, but one main thing happening is that I am working in the ER again.  Four years ago I thought that emergency nursing was over for me forever.  Due to pride and a poor decisions at that time, I just knew that God was never going to open the door for that again.  But He is so good and His timing is perfect.  I was humbled and would rather walk in humility than to be humbled by Him.

Mike found this job for me.  I put my resume in thinking I would never hear from them and that was alright with me.  Six weeks later I got a phone call and we scheduled a job interview.  The interview went great and my issue with not working in the ER for 4 years was their issue also.  But they offered me a prn position anyway.  They had 800 applications for these jobs (RN, ER tech, Radiology tech and front office person).  Yay!!  God was really working behind the scenes.  Apparently they went by referral mostly from people whom I have worked with and they spoke highly of me--thanks be to God.  I am working for a company called Emerus who is partnering with Baptist.  The name of the place is Baptist Emergency Hospital and this is the first of 6 here in San Antonio.  We are very excited. 
Mike and I went to dinner the other night and had a great talk about everything.  I told him I would rather die then ever go through what we went through again.  He said the same thing and that made me so happy.

Last week I had to get my PALS certification and  ACLS certification.  It was a busy, stressful Thanksgiving.  Thankfully Mike had the week off to be with the girls and smoke a turkey. 

I am serving at church on a new committee called Concordia 360.  There are 12 of us and we are led by Pastor Krueger.  We are coming up with a purpose statement and it is so cool to read what each of us have put down.  I am studying James right now and have been convicted by what God wants our religion to look like.  To help the poor (Galations 2:10, Isaiah 58:6-10), to look after orphans and widows (James 1:27) and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world (James 1:27).  So that was my purpose statement.

As I review what everybody has written I have been struck that everyone has Christ at the center.  To know Him and to make Him known.  To be the hands and feet of Christ, to disciple and to reach out.  I am very excited to see what we become and how God is going to use us in this ministry.

On another note, one of Lisa's art pieces has been chosen to be displayed on a Clear Channel digital board around San Antonio.  79 people submitted pieces and 40 were chosen to go on the board.

Katie does so good with children.  She really has a knack for little kids and will one day make a great babysitter.

Mike continues to trek along getting his BSN.  We are praying and moving forward with nurse practitioner school plans.  Mike is contemplating finishing up his BSN by the end of May and being able to apply to the Texas A&M program in Corpus.  We will see what doors God opens.

I hope to post some pictures in the near future--maybe for my December post:-)

No comments: