1. I have officially started volunteering in the NICU.
2. Lisa had her first cross country track meet yesterday. She is one of 3 fifth graders on her team. They run fifth through eighth grade at the same time. Girls first then the boys. She ran her first mile in 8:10 and then had a major meltdown. It was all in her mind though because we go three miles at Eisenhaur Park. She has only had one practice due to the heat, so I think it will get better. She really is a natural at running and we will encourage her with her God-given abilities.
3. Katie started soccer yesterday. She is thrilled to be on the same team as her buddies.
4. Mike will finish his BSN by the end of May. ? NP school. He has so much on his plate with school full-time and working full-time.
5. The wildfires around here are pretty scary. It is so dry and we are in desperate need of lots of rain. Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. Yesterday there was a pretty big one about 5 miles from us. It made me think of what I would take if we had to evacuate: Kids, pets, bible, pillow and toothbrush. Mike's attitude is "It's all stuff." True. He said he would take his phone and laptop. It was pretty surreal yesterday when an afternoon fire started and I thought about the people who didn't get a chance to get their stuff. Thankfully they got to return to their homes a couple of hours later.
6. BSF starts on Tuesday: The Acts of the Apostles. Lots of study on Paul. We are very excited.
7. I am leading a discussion group at church for A Heart Like His. I have 6 ladies in my group and it is a very good study. I did this study on David 11 years ago by Beth Moore. It has been revised and updated. It is so cool to look back in my book back then--Lisa was an infant--and see how God has been with us, what was on my heart then and what is on my heart now.
8. God is truly working on my heart as I stay at home and do volunteer work. I am learning that there is a difference in appeasing God and pleasing God. I am also learning to desire to be with God instead of Him being with me--if that makes sense. That was huge to me a couple of days ago. My prayer is to be where God is--whether I am at home, school, church, hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment