Monday, May 2, 2011

Puberty and other things

A conversation with Lisa and Katie:
Lisa:  Mom, Lauren joined puberty.
Me:  Oh!  What is puberty?
Lisa:  It's a class you go to then your grown.
Katie:  I thought puberty was farting.
Me:  What?
Katie:  Yeah, it says "pew" berty.

Just for clarification, we have been talking about the changes with the girls.  Lisa is almost 11 and we have talked about all the things that are about to happen--hopefully not too soon.  I have just failed to call it puberty.

Work:  It is a job.  That is about it.  Probably the easiest nursing job I have ever had.  I got yelled at by a complete stranger in the parking lot this morning.  I was holding the door and accidentally hit her passenger side mirror with my door.  It was gentle, didn't leave a mark or a dent.  She rolled down her window and proceeded to chew me out.  I apologized.  She said clearly I was parked over the line.  But I wasn't.  It really hurt my feelings. She said lots of other unkind things.  It reminded me that there are some VERY unhappy people in the world and that it can be hard to extend grace to those you feel do not deserve it.  Grace that God extends to me--undeservedly.  I prayed for her--but then I said "Lord, you can bless her, but I don't want her to think that she is being blessed for being mean."  I guess my heart wasn't totally there yet.  It is now.

Mike is starting to take classes for his BSN the end of May.  God seems to be opening doors to proceed down the continuing-of-his-education road.  After BSN, it will be nurses practitioner school--God willing.

I am just praying for guidance in this job and a softened heart to accept His will.

2 comments:

The Roberts' said...

That puberty conversation was hilarious!
PS... do you know Heather Hendrick? She went to our church in College Station.

The Roberts' said...

Yes, her husband was the music minister at our church when we were at A&M. I took a couple Bible studies led by her.