Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010

I cannot believe that 2010 is over.  It went so fast.

Random Highlights:

-the girls received electric razors (not the ones you shave with,ha ha) but the ones that are battery operated and can go 15 miles per hour.  That is pretty fast.  Mike has been riding his bike while they are on these apparatuses.

-I just burned pinto beans on the stove. My house really does not smell pretty like it did just 20 minutes ago.  So...I whipped up some oatmeal cookies to bake in the oven.  Maybe that will help mask the odor.

-Snickers the kitty got really good at sprinting up the Christmas tree and back down in record time.  She only broke 1 wise man from the nativity scene and 4 ornaments.  Not too bad considering she is a kitten and all.

-Baking oatmeal cookies did not help the odor.  The weather is beautiful to open the windows and light some candles.

-We are about to go to my very favorite church service of the year.  The prayer and healing service.  I love to feel like we get to start over.  A new year.  I do not make new year's resolutions because they are hard to keep.  But one thing I do want to set my heart on is to get to know Him better this year.  The new Ray Vander Laan DVD and discovery guide lessons are about walking with God in the desert.  Today's study started in Genesis 1.  "In the beginning..."  How appropriate.  I just smiled.  Thank you God for being with us in the details.  That is one thing I learned in 2010.  Over and over God was in the details--as He always is, but I was more aware of it.

No comments: