This is spring break week and this is what we have done:
1.) Lots of yard work--Mike took the leaf blower and blew the trillion leaves into piles and the girls and I took them via garbage cans to the back and we have a huge pile that we will take out every Tuesday and Thursday until the pile is gone--which I am guessing will be around 2011.
2.) We are being entertained by Katie's three class mice: Mrs. Jumpy, Spot, Speedy. Katie's teacher sent out an e-mail asking for volunteer's to watch the mice over spring break. Mike and I thought it would be fun for the girls, but I also thought there would be a lot of volunteers. Wrong. Not even one--except us. So as I am carrying the aquarium with the three "homeless for spring break" mice out to the car, Katie's friends and classmates were saying "Katie, you are so lucky!!" as their parents were smiling and I'm sure thinking "glad it's you and not me." I clarified what the liability of the life of the mice was before we agreed to bring them home to two excited girls and two cats. We have no worries:-)
3.) Dentist appointment. All is good for another 6 months.
4.) Cleaning out closets, washing windows, getting oil changed in truck, trying to be domesticated I suppose.
5.) Deciding what my next job in life is going to be. Last Friday was my last day as a quality coordinator. I am hired by Mike's company to work home health and there is a hospice company that I am interested in. My heart is really leaning toward hospice. Our experience with mom was so beautiful and I felt so close to the Lord during that time. I know that I can do hospice. I am just not sure the time is right now. Cindy and I are in week 3 of Griefshare and it is very good. We have had two friends in the last week ask about our experience with hospice. One of our friends, her mom was in hospice for 1 1/2 days before going home to be with the Lord. The other just went home on hospice yesterday. I love to talk about it and to talk about God and how He gave us Psalm 116 at that time.
6.) Having fun with the girls. We did manicures today. It has been fun to stay around home and do things with the stuff we already have.
Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it."
2 comments:
Sandy, For what it's worth, I know you would make a great hospice nurse. Your heart is full of compassion & it shows all over you! Our family has used hospice twice: with my mother-in-law & with my father. I was the primary caregiver for my mother-in-law & would not have survived if not for our hospice nurse, Heidi, & her weekend replacements. Same with Daddy...the family received so much encouragement & comfort from the entire hospice team. And this doesn't even address the high quality of care given to Daddy and to Barbara during their last days. When the time is right, you know God will make it clear which direction He is leading you. You bless my life, you know that?!
Sounds like you're off to an amazing Spring Break! You're getting so much done!!
As for the job- I think you have the heart, compassion and grace to be an amazing hospice nurse. It's such a precious time in life when hospice is needed. Precious but hard. I'm praying for God to show you His clear path for you and this decision!
Post a Comment